Capital Works Evaluator (CWE)
Designed to evaluate competing eligible capital works projects, the Capital Works Evaluator (CWE) is logical, easy to use and facilitates the management and prioritisation of Council’s capital works program.
The CWE subjects all eligible capital works projects to an objective business case analysis based on the information input for each project including:
- Budgeted project expenditure and funding sources over multiple financial years (with the ability to apply indexation to calculate future year nominal project costs).
- A priority scoring system with four criteria (financial, Council Plan objectives, risk &criticality and community benefit) that can be weighted according to Council preference. Projects receive a prioritisation score between 1 and 5. Projects are selected based on priority score or manual override. The CWE caters for a 10 to 40-year capital works program and fully integrates with CT Management’s Long Term Financial Plan which assesses the financial sustainability of a proposed 10 to 20-year capital works program. Whole of life costs are calculated against user defined operating and maintenance ratios across multiple user. Preferred indexation rates can be applied to these ongoing operational costs.
The CWE has a full suite of reports and charts including:
- Capital expenditure
- priority by year
- asset class by year
- asset type by year
- Capital funding sources by year for LTFP and SRP allocation
- Operational cost increases by asset class by year
- LTFP output summarising information that integrates to the LTFP